COSSMAT - Centre for COmplex Systems and Smart MATerials
Coordinator: Professor Dr. habil. Krzysztof Witold Wojciechowski
Research Group of Working Fluids, Department of Energy Engineering, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering,
Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary,
Leader: Professor Attila R. Imre, DSc, Dr. habil.
- T.C. Lim Group
Head of the Group: Professor Dr. Teik-Cheng Lim
- Auxetic Materials Research Group, Materials and Engineering Research Institute,
Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom,
Head of the Group: Professor Dr. Andrew Alderson
- Institute of Applied Mechanics, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering,
Poznan University of Technology,
Dr. habil. Tomasz Stręk, Professor PUT
- Department of Material and Medical Physics, Institute of Physics,
University of Zielona Gora,
Head of the Department: Dr. habil. Mirosław Dudek, Professor UZ
- Department of Physics of Liquid Crystals (Z6),
Head of the Department: Dr. habil. Arkadiusz Brańka, Professor IFM PAN
- Simulation Group, Department of Solid State Physics,
Faculty of Technical Physics and Applied Mathematics, Gdańsk University of Technology,
Head of the Group: Professor Dr. habil. Jarosław Rybicki
- Department of Computational Physics of Complex Systems (Z10),
Head of the Department: Professor Dr. habil. Krzysztof Witold Wojciechowski
COSSMAT Centre was created in order to integrate scientific community and to conduct collaborative research projects in the field of soft matter. Activities lying within the Center's scope include:
- SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH: Investigation of complex and smart materials in area of soft matter, in particular: auxetics and related systems with anomalous properties, simple and complex fluids, liquid crystals, composites, supramolecular polymers, and superionic conductors. Development of new investigation methods, searching for new physical phenomena and new materials for contemporary science and modern technology.
- EDUCATION: Supporting scientific careers of the Center's members, including young researchers. Organization of seminars, schools, workshops, and conferences. Cooperation with national and foreign universities in the education of undergraduate students and post graduate ones at the international level.
- NETWORKS AND INDUSTRY COOPERATION: Searching for new forms of collaboration and financial support, including creation of local and international networks for realization of mutual research projects, and developing of the Center's role as partner for Polish (especially in Wielkopolska region) industry and engaging in new technological initiatives related to smart materials.
- INTERNATIONAL AND REGIONAL COOPERATION: Collaboration with leading Polish (especially in Wielkopolska region) and foreign scientific centers which consists in dispatching young scientists on scholarships and training researchers from other scientific centers in new investigation techniques using various forms of exchange offered by national and international training and research programmes.
- ACQUIRING FUNDS: Acquiring funds for local and international research projects essential for (i) development of a equipment support related to new areas of research and (ii) offering employment opportunity for leading, experienced and/or young, talented scientists.